Mira Nicholas-Archer
#TB
Day 1
Morning *I said softly, tracing the glyph marks on Kellan's arm. I smiled as his sleepy eyes blinked open and looked at me with love...a love I could feel radiate through my veins. He smiled, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him* "Morning" *He mumbled sleepily as he breathed in my scent.* Do you know what today is? *I wrapped my arms around him* "Mmmm..." *he moaned, more focused on exploring my body than anything else* It's the day we became mates. *he pulled back slightly so he could look at me* and while it was under the worst of circumstances and would eventually culminate in your surrender and eventual death. *playfully shoving him lightly* Still mad at you for that! *we laugh, but quickly sober up.* It also made us stronger. *resuming my trace of his glphys, this time down his back* Made our love stronger. Made our friendship stronger. "Ahhh, mouse..." *he said with an emotion I could hear in his voice and feel in our bond* I didn't think I could love you more, but I do. *wrapping my arms tightly around him, my head nestling in the usual nook his body created for me* I will love you forever, Kellan Archer...and I will never let go.
Day 1
Morning *I said softly, tracing the glyph marks on Kellan's arm. I smiled as his sleepy eyes blinked open and looked at me with love...a love I could feel radiate through my veins. He smiled, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him* "Morning" *He mumbled sleepily as he breathed in my scent.* Do you know what today is? *I wrapped my arms around him* "Mmmm..." *he moaned, more focused on exploring my body than anything else* It's the day we became mates. *he pulled back slightly so he could look at me* and while it was under the worst of circumstances and would eventually culminate in your surrender and eventual death. *playfully shoving him lightly* Still mad at you for that! *we laugh, but quickly sober up.* It also made us stronger. *resuming my trace of his glphys, this time down his back* Made our love stronger. Made our friendship stronger. "Ahhh, mouse..." *he said with an emotion I could hear in his voice and feel in our bond* I didn't think I could love you more, but I do. *wrapping my arms tightly around him, my head nestling in the usual nook his body created for me* I will love you forever, Kellan Archer...and I will never let go.
Kellan Archer
#tb
Day 2
*As the JUSTIS officers led him into the counsel chamber he saw the counselors, with Lucan sitting front and center. To one side he saw the other elders and their mates. "There she is" He thought, seeing and sensing his mate. Mira, standing in front of the counsel. His heart pounded at the sight of her. She turned, tears tracking down her cheeks. She saw him. Holy shit! She SAW him! She wasn't blind anymore! He was elated, knowing that Tess had healed her.
Before he realized it, Lucan asked the counsel to vote. The verdict: DEATH. He felt Mira's anguish through their bond. Even as she begged, he knew there was no help for him. Director Benson continued to mutter and Kellan suddenly heard what the human was saying. He moved closer, listening even as he fired off questions at the director. But the man was in a panic, an alcohol induced haze of semi-coherency.
Kellan put the pieces together. This was Jeremy's uncle. HE was the one who stole the liquid UV. He launched himself across the chamber with a snarl, landing on top if the director as his guards opened fire on him. He could feel the shrapnel tearing his body to shreds. The director pushed him off, escaping down the hall as Kellan bled out on the floor. He coughed, spitting up blood as Mira reached his side. Her tears dripped onto his cheeks as she sobbed and held his head in her lap. He closed his eyes. He could feel himself drifting further and further away, the connection with his mate stretching until, with an almost audible pop, it snapped. He didn't take another breath. Death had claimed him just as he saw in Mira's eyes 8 years ago...
Day 2
*As the JUSTIS officers led him into the counsel chamber he saw the counselors, with Lucan sitting front and center. To one side he saw the other elders and their mates. "There she is" He thought, seeing and sensing his mate. Mira, standing in front of the counsel. His heart pounded at the sight of her. She turned, tears tracking down her cheeks. She saw him. Holy shit! She SAW him! She wasn't blind anymore! He was elated, knowing that Tess had healed her.
Before he realized it, Lucan asked the counsel to vote. The verdict: DEATH. He felt Mira's anguish through their bond. Even as she begged, he knew there was no help for him. Director Benson continued to mutter and Kellan suddenly heard what the human was saying. He moved closer, listening even as he fired off questions at the director. But the man was in a panic, an alcohol induced haze of semi-coherency.
Kellan put the pieces together. This was Jeremy's uncle. HE was the one who stole the liquid UV. He launched himself across the chamber with a snarl, landing on top if the director as his guards opened fire on him. He could feel the shrapnel tearing his body to shreds. The director pushed him off, escaping down the hall as Kellan bled out on the floor. He coughed, spitting up blood as Mira reached his side. Her tears dripped onto his cheeks as she sobbed and held his head in her lap. He closed his eyes. He could feel himself drifting further and further away, the connection with his mate stretching until, with an almost audible pop, it snapped. He didn't take another breath. Death had claimed him just as he saw in Mira's eyes 8 years ago...
Mira Nicholas-Archer
#TB
Day 3
* I listened in abject horror as each council member pronounced Kellan guilty....their
voices sounding more like a distant echo than of the seven humans and
breeds representing both races within the chamber. This could not be
happening. My eyes, over brimming with tears, became blurry as I looked
at Kellan. My mate. How cruel that we never had the chance at a life
together. Would never again fight together, be together, never have
children together, never grow old together.
"Death". Director Benson's final judgement was like a dagger straight to my heart. A feeling that eclipsed the pain I felt that night eight years ago. This was a pain that I could feel into my very veins. It was then I realized, that I was feeling my pain as well as Kellan's pain. Mates...to the bitter end.*
No! *I cried.* Lucan, don’t let this happen, please! *the tears flowed torturously now, a flash flood that had no sign of stopping.* No! *My head fell into my hands as I tried to come to grips with the fact that my one and only love, my mate, my very heart. Would die.*
No.
Day 3
* I listened in abject horror as each council member pronounced Kellan guilty....their
"Death". Director Benson's final judgement was like a dagger straight to my heart. A feeling that eclipsed the pain I felt that night eight years ago. This was a pain that I could feel into my very veins. It was then I realized, that I was feeling my pain as well as Kellan's pain. Mates...to the bitter end.*
No! *I cried.* Lucan, don’t let this happen, please! *the tears flowed torturously now, a flash flood that had no sign of stopping.* No! *My head fell into my hands as I tried to come to grips with the fact that my one and only love, my mate, my very heart. Would die.*
No.
Kellan Archer
*tb
Day 4
*he heard raised voices and ran for the garage. Vince was trying to hold on to Mira as she swung at anything and everything. He checked on Brady first, making sure she was ok, before facing Mira. He was suddenly in way over his head with this botched smash & grab. It was the middle of the day, no one would have thought the Order would be involved. Yet here she stood, pissed off and fighting for all she was worth. He tried not to feel the pride when he saw the damage she had wrought. His Mira had always been tough. But no, that's not right. She stopped being his Mira when the warehouse blew up 8 long years ago, almost to the day. He had spent months recovering from his physical injuries, years trying to get over her. Everything came rushing back to him at once, making his head spin. He couldn't believe she was standing before him now. Damn, why hadn't he run when he had the chance? He cleared his throat and said her name softly* Mira...
Day 4
*he heard raised voices and ran for the garage. Vince was trying to hold on to Mira as she swung at anything and everything. He checked on Brady first, making sure she was ok, before facing Mira. He was suddenly in way over his head with this botched smash & grab. It was the middle of the day, no one would have thought the Order would be involved. Yet here she stood, pissed off and fighting for all she was worth. He tried not to feel the pride when he saw the damage she had wrought. His Mira had always been tough. But no, that's not right. She stopped being his Mira when the warehouse blew up 8 long years ago, almost to the day. He had spent months recovering from his physical injuries, years trying to get over her. Everything came rushing back to him at once, making his head spin. He couldn't believe she was standing before him now. Damn, why hadn't he run when he had the chance? He cleared his throat and said her name softly* Mira...
Mira Nicholas-Archer
#TB
Day 5
*Hope. It was all I could cling to as I laid on the soft yet unfamiliar infirmary bed. There was nothing left of the building but hope made believe that somehow Kellan survived. They would find him and bring him here...Tess would save him like she saved Rio. There was no other outcome I could imagine. There wasn't a world without Kellan in it. There couldn't be. As I shifted in the bed I winced...the pain searing through the various spots of my body that the shrapnel embedded. At my wince, I could hear my father rush across the room, frantically asking me if I was okay. * Yeah... *I mostly lied, deep down I was not okay. Deep down I knew there was no way someone could have survived that building. It was all but obliterated. I pushed those unwelcome thoughts aside as I opened my eyes and looked up at my worried parents.* Where are they? *I asked. It was taking far to long for the order to return from their search. I forced myself to believe it was taking so long because they found him and were administering care on the field...there would be no other reason. It was then that I realized there was someone else in the room.*
Nathan... *my voice cracked as I spoke my other best friend's name. He had been injured as well, but being breed, healed quickly. Once I recognized his presence, he took a few steps toward the bed, bringing his face into the light. He looked so damn hollow. Like he had just experienced something horrible and was about to relay possibly the worst news imaginable.* No. *I shook my head and closed my eyes, willing this to be all one big horrible nightmare.* No... please, Nathan, no... *I covered my face with my hands, wiping the tears that were filling unbidden into my eyes. When I finally opened them and looked up at my friend I saw a little piece of him that I had never seen before. True pain. * No. Please. *I struggled keeping my voice and vision clear.*
"He's gone." *he said gruffly* "There was no sign of his body or weapons." *I made a unintelligible sound at his words and for the first time, Nathan wrapped his hand around mine as I completely fell apart. If I thought the pain of the shrapnel was bad, it was nothing in comparison to the heartbreak I was experiencing at this moment.
Hope...was such a cruel bitch.*
Day 5
*Hope. It was all I could cling to as I laid on the soft yet unfamiliar infirmary bed. There was nothing left of the building but hope made believe that somehow Kellan survived. They would find him and bring him here...Tess would save him like she saved Rio. There was no other outcome I could imagine. There wasn't a world without Kellan in it. There couldn't be. As I shifted in the bed I winced...the pain searing through the various spots of my body that the shrapnel embedded. At my wince, I could hear my father rush across the room, frantically asking me if I was okay. * Yeah... *I mostly lied, deep down I was not okay. Deep down I knew there was no way someone could have survived that building. It was all but obliterated. I pushed those unwelcome thoughts aside as I opened my eyes and looked up at my worried parents.* Where are they? *I asked. It was taking far to long for the order to return from their search. I forced myself to believe it was taking so long because they found him and were administering care on the field...there would be no other reason. It was then that I realized there was someone else in the room.*
Nathan... *my voice cracked as I spoke my other best friend's name. He had been injured as well, but being breed, healed quickly. Once I recognized his presence, he took a few steps toward the bed, bringing his face into the light. He looked so damn hollow. Like he had just experienced something horrible and was about to relay possibly the worst news imaginable.* No. *I shook my head and closed my eyes, willing this to be all one big horrible nightmare.* No... please, Nathan, no... *I covered my face with my hands, wiping the tears that were filling unbidden into my eyes. When I finally opened them and looked up at my friend I saw a little piece of him that I had never seen before. True pain. * No. Please. *I struggled keeping my voice and vision clear.*
"He's gone." *he said gruffly* "There was no sign of his body or weapons." *I made a unintelligible sound at his words and for the first time, Nathan wrapped his hand around mine as I completely fell apart. If I thought the pain of the shrapnel was bad, it was nothing in comparison to the heartbreak I was experiencing at this moment.
Hope...was such a cruel bitch.*
Kellan Archer
#tb
Day #6
*both teams were down by the waterfront. Intel had come in about some rebel activity and Lucan had asked them to check it out. They arrived and fanned out to search. He caught a shadow and ducked behind the stack of pallets. Yes, there he is. He picked up the rebel easily with his Breed enhanced eyesight. He followed quickly, while radio'ing in his location. Mira and Nathan responded that they were close. He wasn't going to let this guy get away. The rebels were causing too much trouble to the Order lately.* Gotcha! *he mumbled quietly as he followed the rebel scum, knowing his brethren would be close on his heels*
Day #6
*both teams were down by the waterfront. Intel had come in about some rebel activity and Lucan had asked them to check it out. They arrived and fanned out to search. He caught a shadow and ducked behind the stack of pallets. Yes, there he is. He picked up the rebel easily with his Breed enhanced eyesight. He followed quickly, while radio'ing in his location. Mira and Nathan responded that they were close. He wasn't going to let this guy get away. The rebels were causing too much trouble to the Order lately.* Gotcha! *he mumbled quietly as he followed the rebel scum, knowing his brethren would be close on his heels*
Mira Nicholas-Archer
*Kellan's
confirmation that the rebels were indeed active at this industrial park
warehouse sent my warrior instincts into overdrive.* Lets get these
assholes! *I shout to my other best friend Nathan.
We had been chasing this particular pack of human rebels for weeks
and as we headed toward the spot where Kellan disappeared I couldn't
help but feel a little victorious.*
Nathan Bishop
*The nigh is quiet, almost too quiet. Mira looks over her shoulder at me as I guard the perimeter. The glint in her eye as she watches Kellan
close the distance between him and the rebel is cat like, She sees her
prey and is ready to pounce. My breed hearing picks up the slight
clicking sound of the facility's door softly closing as Kellan follows
his target in. I make my way silently to Mira, signaling for us to move
in. As our training has taught us, I start the seven second count down
before moving forward. One one thousand, two one thousand.....
Blinding light
Screaming
My ears are ringing as I watch the fire ball that was the warehouse rise into the night sky. Holy fuck, Kellan.
Mira drops her weapon and sets off to run toward the flames. I flash up behind her, throwing my arms around her like a steel cage. I know how she feels about that warrior, I know she'd walk into that inferno trying to save him. I can't lose two of the people I care about in the same night. I hold on to Mira like her life depends on it. Because I know it does.
Blinding light
Screaming
My ears are ringing as I watch the fire ball that was the warehouse rise into the night sky. Holy fuck, Kellan.
Mira drops her weapon and sets off to run toward the flames. I flash up behind her, throwing my arms around her like a steel cage. I know how she feels about that warrior, I know she'd walk into that inferno trying to save him. I can't lose two of the people I care about in the same night. I hold on to Mira like her life depends on it. Because I know it does.
Mira Nicholas-Archer
#TB
Day 7
*I woke up with strong arms and the leathery spiced scent of Kellan surrounding me. I gave a soft moan as I nestled deeper into Kellan's body.* It wasn't a dream. *I whispered. We were naked and we had indeed made love. Finally. For the first time. It was magical. The most miraculous moment of my life thus far. Kellan rolled on top of me, nestling perfectly in the cradle that my body provided. Like he was made to be there. I tilted my head and gave him a a sweet and loving kiss...one full of all the love I had for him.*
Day 7
*I woke up with strong arms and the leathery spiced scent of Kellan surrounding me. I gave a soft moan as I nestled deeper into Kellan's body.* It wasn't a dream. *I whispered. We were naked and we had indeed made love. Finally. For the first time. It was magical. The most miraculous moment of my life thus far. Kellan rolled on top of me, nestling perfectly in the cradle that my body provided. Like he was made to be there. I tilted my head and gave him a a sweet and loving kiss...one full of all the love I had for him.*
Kellan Archer
*he
rolled over, seeing a sleepy, sexy, and delicious looking Mira. He
leaned in slowly, kissing her soft lips. Feeling her lips turn up into a
smile he pulled back and watched as she opened her eyes. Her eyes were
bright as diamonds. Clear and beautiful. He could have gotten lost in
them forever. They changed quickly, milky shadows began taking shape. He
watched, transfixed by the future she was inadvertently showing him. He
looked away quickly, but not quickly enough.*
Mira Nicholas-Archer
*Realizing
that my contacts were out, I turned to the side grabbed the small
container and slipped the lenses quickly on.* Sorry *placing my hand
gently on the side of his face and turning his hazel gaze back toward
mine* I''m not used to sharing a bed with someone. *I bit my lip as I
looked down at how our naked bodies pressed intimately against one
another.* I don't ever want to leave this bed. Lets never leave,
Kellan. *wrapping my arms around his neck and pulled him down for yet
another kiss.*
Kellan Archer
*The
scene replayed again in his mind. Lucan and the Council charging him
with treason, murder, and a slew of other charges. Mira, standing
before the GNC Council, begging. The verdict, DEATH.
There was no escape for him, ever. Mira's eyes never lied. He could only thank God that Mira doesn't know what he had seen. He kissed her, holding her close. What was he going to do?...*
There was no escape for him, ever. Mira's eyes never lied. He could only thank God that Mira doesn't know what he had seen. He kissed her, holding her close. What was he going to do?...*
Kellan Archer with Mira Nicholas-Archer.
#tb
Day 8
*" Her slender blond brows lowered even farther over her flashing eyes. “That’s not your decision to make. I don’t need your permission to care about you, Kellan. You don’t get to decide what’s important to me.”
God help him, but it didn’t take much to remember the stubborn little girl who’d told him pretty much the same thing in word and deed time and again when he’d been a withdrawn, stupid teen who didn’t know how to accept her friendship, let alone her love. By sheer force of will, she’d made him participate in life when grief and anger over his family’s annihilation had all but crippled him inside. As a girl, Mira had held his hand and led him out of a dark place. As a woman, she’d held his heart, despite his efforts to protect himself from caring for someone he could never bear to lose. Now he only hoped he’d find the strength to push Mira away, when all he wanted was to pull her close and never let her go. He kept his voice quiet, the words as gentle as he could make them* This time I do get to decide. Bad enough I couldn’t stay away from you, even though I knew damn well where this would take us in the end* He lowered his head and held her searching gaze, needing her to hear him now. She needed to understand. *When I go down, I’ll be damned if I take you down with me. "
Even when I knew, with every fiber of my being, that I shouldn't love you, Mouse. I did.
Day 8
*" Her slender blond brows lowered even farther over her flashing eyes. “That’s not your decision to make. I don’t need your permission to care about you, Kellan. You don’t get to decide what’s important to me.”
God help him, but it didn’t take much to remember the stubborn little girl who’d told him pretty much the same thing in word and deed time and again when he’d been a withdrawn, stupid teen who didn’t know how to accept her friendship, let alone her love. By sheer force of will, she’d made him participate in life when grief and anger over his family’s annihilation had all but crippled him inside. As a girl, Mira had held his hand and led him out of a dark place. As a woman, she’d held his heart, despite his efforts to protect himself from caring for someone he could never bear to lose. Now he only hoped he’d find the strength to push Mira away, when all he wanted was to pull her close and never let her go. He kept his voice quiet, the words as gentle as he could make them* This time I do get to decide. Bad enough I couldn’t stay away from you, even though I knew damn well where this would take us in the end* He lowered his head and held her searching gaze, needing her to hear him now. She needed to understand. *When I go down, I’ll be damned if I take you down with me. "
Even when I knew, with every fiber of my being, that I shouldn't love you, Mouse. I did.
Mira Nicholas-Archer
#TB
Day 9
*I looked intently across the table at Kellan. I knew I was making him nervous by the way his eyes shifted from looking back at me to looking up at the elders giving the nightly debrief. He had no reason to be nervous around me, especially given the level of intimacy within our relationship. No, his nervousness was coming in the form of the bomb loving, bullet making, over protective (even though I was 21 years old) father sitting beside me.
It was then that I realized that my father was staring daggers at him. Oops... *
Mira Nicholas-Archer
#TB
Day 14
*falling backwards onto my bed with a bounce* Did that just happen? *As I lightly and slowly rubbed my newly kissed lips, I imagined what it would feel like to kiss Kellan again. It was magical. Everything I thought my first kiss would be...it was like a giant fire cracker exploding in my heart and travelling throughout my entire body. I wanted to kiss him again...I wanted him. I rolled over in the bed and reveled in the joy I felt. If this was love...I never wanted it to end. *
Day 9
*I looked intently across the table at Kellan. I knew I was making him nervous by the way his eyes shifted from looking back at me to looking up at the elders giving the nightly debrief. He had no reason to be nervous around me, especially given the level of intimacy within our relationship. No, his nervousness was coming in the form of the bomb loving, bullet making, over protective (even though I was 21 years old) father sitting beside me.
It was then that I realized that my father was staring daggers at him. Oops... *
Mira Nicholas-Archer
#TB
Day 10
Kellan, stop! *laughing so hard I can't breathe* Seriously, I *laughing* can't *laughing harder* breathe! *I squirm as he continues his assault of tickles. Sometimes not being fast like a breed was a serious disadvantage.* "You know what to say, mouse" he laughed and continued tickling* Okaaay! okay, okay, okay, okay! *he finally stopped, looking down at me expectantly* Iwontmakeyouwat chHarryPotter
*I mumble my words, because deep down I knew I didn't mean them* "What
was that, mouse?" *Kellan smirked and then began lightly tickling my
sides* You're such a butthead! *Kellan smirked again* "So you keep
telling me..."
Ugh! Fine... I wont make you watch Harry Potter.
Day 10
Kellan, stop! *laughing so hard I can't breathe* Seriously, I *laughing* can't *laughing harder* breathe! *I squirm as he continues his assault of tickles. Sometimes not being fast like a breed was a serious disadvantage.* "You know what to say, mouse" he laughed and continued tickling* Okaaay! okay, okay, okay, okay! *he finally stopped, looking down at me expectantly* Iwontmakeyouwat
Ugh! Fine... I wont make you watch Harry Potter.
Mira Nicholas-Archer
#TB
Day 11
*Covering Kellan's mouth* You know you like Harry Potter...Kellan *giggling* You just don't know it yet.
#TB
Day 11
*Covering Kellan's mouth* You know you like Harry Potter...Kellan *giggling* You just don't know it yet.
Mira Nicholas-Archer
#TB
Day 12
*When our kiss ended, I cuddled into Kellan's body. I fit perfectly against him, as though I was made to be there.*how long do you think until Nathan gets back from the training center? *Kellan shrugged as caressed my neck.* "Probably in an hour or two" *my brain took note of the way his thumb lingered over my pulse point for a few seconds. I tilted my head slightly so he could have full access should he finally decide to bite. Kellan shook his head slowly* "We can't mouse... *he moved his hand to my shoulder and eventually to my waist.* I'm over eighteen you know. *I climbed onto his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck.* If we're mated, my dad wont kill you. *I smiled, then leaned in to kiss him* "I know you are" *he said through my kisses; he began touching me, practically everywhere and anywhere he could.* "I really, really do..."
#TB
Day 12
*When our kiss ended, I cuddled into Kellan's body. I fit perfectly against him, as though I was made to be there.*how long do you think until Nathan gets back from the training center? *Kellan shrugged as caressed my neck.* "Probably in an hour or two" *my brain took note of the way his thumb lingered over my pulse point for a few seconds. I tilted my head slightly so he could have full access should he finally decide to bite. Kellan shook his head slowly* "We can't mouse... *he moved his hand to my shoulder and eventually to my waist.* I'm over eighteen you know. *I climbed onto his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck.* If we're mated, my dad wont kill you. *I smiled, then leaned in to kiss him* "I know you are" *he said through my kisses; he began touching me, practically everywhere and anywhere he could.* "I really, really do..."
#TB
Day 14
*falling backwards onto my bed with a bounce* Did that just happen? *As I lightly and slowly rubbed my newly kissed lips, I imagined what it would feel like to kiss Kellan again. It was magical. Everything I thought my first kiss would be...it was like a giant fire cracker exploding in my heart and travelling throughout my entire body. I wanted to kiss him again...I wanted him. I rolled over in the bed and reveled in the joy I felt. If this was love...I never wanted it to end. *
Kellan Archer
I know, I'm a dork. I got so wrapped up in my mate yesterday *grins at Mira* that I was almost late for patrol and didn't post my count down. So, without further ado...
#tb
Day 16
*he watched her walk down the corridor in front of him. She had her special blades strapped to one hip and one of Niko's special 9m on the other, her hips swaying enticingly. Damn, he needed to get his head in the game. He certainly didn't need to be thinking about the things he wanted to do to Mouse. Niko would kill him if he knew what he was thinking about her. She was talking with Rafe as they all headed to the lab for their patrol. She was going with them and it filled him with dread. She was a good fighter, but she was female. He had been out on those streets for a few years now, he knew what those rogues were capable of. He shuddered and growled at the thought. Both Rafe and Mira turned and looked at him at his growl* Sorry, was just thinking about....uuummm m,
stuff.*Mira rolled her eyes and continued, Rafe on her heels. How were
they going to protect her and still do their jobs? She would kill them
if she knew they were trying to protect her. But there was NO WAY he was
going to let a damn rogue anywhere near her. Damn, it's going to be a
LONG night.*
Mira Nicholas-Archer
#TB Day 16
I'll just leave this right here...in Kellan's bathroom. *crossing fingers*
#tb
Day 16
*he watched her walk down the corridor in front of him. She had her special blades strapped to one hip and one of Niko's special 9m on the other, her hips swaying enticingly. Damn, he needed to get his head in the game. He certainly didn't need to be thinking about the things he wanted to do to Mouse. Niko would kill him if he knew what he was thinking about her. She was talking with Rafe as they all headed to the lab for their patrol. She was going with them and it filled him with dread. She was a good fighter, but she was female. He had been out on those streets for a few years now, he knew what those rogues were capable of. He shuddered and growled at the thought. Both Rafe and Mira turned and looked at him at his growl* Sorry, was just thinking about....uuummm
Mira Nicholas-Archer
#TB Day 16
I'll just leave this right here...in Kellan's bathroom. *crossing fingers*
Mira Nicholas-Archer
#TB Day 17
*Tonight's the night! I was going to actually do it this time. No more chickening out, no more hiding my feelings, no more little girl. Tonight I was going to ask Kellan out and no one was going to stop me! As I marched down to Kellan and Nathan's room, my heart pounded in nervous anticipation. It's not like he's going to start laughing at me...I gulped and then slowed my pace. Surely he wouldn't embarrass me like that? Would he? I came to a stop, leaned against the wall of the long hallway and took a deep and cleansing breath.* Dang it, Mira! Pull yourself together! *After a few horrified moments of self doubt, I get my crap together and resume my track to destiny...or total and complete embarrassment. By the time I reach the door, my heart was in my stomach, beating like the little traitor that it was...if Nathan and Kellan hadn't figured out that I was outside their door, they definitely did now. Knowing that the jig was up I tentatively lifted my hand and knock...*
*Tonight's the night! I was going to actually do it this time. No more chickening out, no more hiding my feelings, no more little girl. Tonight I was going to ask Kellan out and no one was going to stop me! As I marched down to Kellan and Nathan's room, my heart pounded in nervous anticipation. It's not like he's going to start laughing at me...I gulped and then slowed my pace. Surely he wouldn't embarrass me like that? Would he? I came to a stop, leaned against the wall of the long hallway and took a deep and cleansing breath.* Dang it, Mira! Pull yourself together! *After a few horrified moments of self doubt, I get my crap together and resume my track to destiny...or total and complete embarrassment. By the time I reach the door, my heart was in my stomach, beating like the little traitor that it was...if Nathan and Kellan hadn't figured out that I was outside their door, they definitely did now. Knowing that the jig was up I tentatively lifted my hand and knock...*
Kellan Archer with Mira Nicholas-Archer.
#tb
Day 18
*He had been summoned to Gideon 's lab. As he walked in he noted that most of the Warriors were already there, some even had their breed mates with them. He moved quietly to the back of the room, preferring to observe more than participate. He watched as Kade and Brock joked with each other while Jenna and Alexandra planned another shopping adventure. He shook his head, he would never understand females. The doors slid open and Niko walked in with Renata on his arm, Mira was following close behind. He studied her closely. He pale blonde hair pulled into a ponytail, showing the curve of her neck. He purple lenses were always in, making her eyes seem to almost glow. She was filling out, in all the right places, and Kellan wasn't sure how he felt about that. Hunter, standing beside him, nudged him with his elbow and cleared his throat. Kellan turned bright red, looking down until his embarrassment passes. Damn, busted by the Brute, of all the luck. He shook his head before focusing on Lucan, who was calling the meeting to order. His gaze strayed to Mouse again and again, drawn by some inexplicable force. She was pretty, but she was also young. Niko was so protective of her that he was convinced she would never be able to date. He startled at his own thoughts. DATE? Who said anything about dating? Jesus, he needed to stop, right now. He tried to focus again on what was being said, he really did. But as his eyes strayed back to the mini-warrior in the making she looked up and caught him staring. With a saucy smile she winked at him. He groaned and turned away. Damn, she was getting under his skin and she damn well knew it. He was so screwed...*
Mira Nicholas-Archer
#TB
Day 19
*"Girls can't be warriors, Mira." Kellan's words stung as I began my final rep. He looked down at me with a look of desperation on his face...could it be that he thought of me as more than just a friend? Or was this some kind of stupid caveman-woman-h
ater
move? As I lifted my body up for the last left, I kicked my right
leg out to whack Kellan square in the face. Guess I picked the
latter.*
Day 18
*He had been summoned to Gideon 's lab. As he walked in he noted that most of the Warriors were already there, some even had their breed mates with them. He moved quietly to the back of the room, preferring to observe more than participate. He watched as Kade and Brock joked with each other while Jenna and Alexandra planned another shopping adventure. He shook his head, he would never understand females. The doors slid open and Niko walked in with Renata on his arm, Mira was following close behind. He studied her closely. He pale blonde hair pulled into a ponytail, showing the curve of her neck. He purple lenses were always in, making her eyes seem to almost glow. She was filling out, in all the right places, and Kellan wasn't sure how he felt about that. Hunter, standing beside him, nudged him with his elbow and cleared his throat. Kellan turned bright red, looking down until his embarrassment passes. Damn, busted by the Brute, of all the luck. He shook his head before focusing on Lucan, who was calling the meeting to order. His gaze strayed to Mouse again and again, drawn by some inexplicable force. She was pretty, but she was also young. Niko was so protective of her that he was convinced she would never be able to date. He startled at his own thoughts. DATE? Who said anything about dating? Jesus, he needed to stop, right now. He tried to focus again on what was being said, he really did. But as his eyes strayed back to the mini-warrior in the making she looked up and caught him staring. With a saucy smile she winked at him. He groaned and turned away. Damn, she was getting under his skin and she damn well knew it. He was so screwed...*
Mira Nicholas-Archer
#TB
Day 19
*"Girls can't be warriors, Mira." Kellan's words stung as I began my final rep. He looked down at me with a look of desperation on his face...could it be that he thought of me as more than just a friend? Or was this some kind of stupid caveman-woman-h
Kellan Archer with Mira Nicholas-Archer.
#tb
Day 20
*he reported to the gym for another grueling training session, surprised to find Mira there as well. He dropped his gear and looked her over* what are you doing here Mouse? This is a warrior training session. Breed mates can't be warriors. *She sneers at him "You're stupid. *she says* Rennie is a warrior. She patrols with you. Elise is too, she is amazing with her blades. Just because I'm female doesn't mean I can't fight!" *She shoves him and stomps away* Yeah, whatever. Rennie has her powers to protect her and Elise has Tegan. How are you going to protect yourself? *She turned and stomped back to him "I'm gonna learn everything you do. I'm gonna train. I'm gonna get strong. And I'm gonna kick YOUR butt, Kellan!" *he snorts* Yeah, whatever. Just don't think I'm going to take it easy on you because you're a gurl. *he sneered back* I'll drop you just as fast as anyone else. *he watched as she squared off opposite him on the mat with a smile "bring it!" She says.*
Day 20
*he reported to the gym for another grueling training session, surprised to find Mira there as well. He dropped his gear and looked her over* what are you doing here Mouse? This is a warrior training session. Breed mates can't be warriors. *She sneers at him "You're stupid. *she says* Rennie is a warrior. She patrols with you. Elise is too, she is amazing with her blades. Just because I'm female doesn't mean I can't fight!" *She shoves him and stomps away* Yeah, whatever. Rennie has her powers to protect her and Elise has Tegan. How are you going to protect yourself? *She turned and stomped back to him "I'm gonna learn everything you do. I'm gonna train. I'm gonna get strong. And I'm gonna kick YOUR butt, Kellan!" *he snorts* Yeah, whatever. Just don't think I'm going to take it easy on you because you're a gurl. *he sneered back* I'll drop you just as fast as anyone else. *he watched as she squared off opposite him on the mat with a smile "bring it!" She says.*
Mira Nicholas-Archer added 2 new photos.
#TB
Day 21
Kellan! I can't believe you just did that! *The snowball had come practically out of nowhere, but that was expected when you were dealing with a breed. I quickly picked up my own mound of snow and lunged to smash the cold slush into Kellan's face, a seemingly futile revenge* WHITEWASH!!!! *giggling, I run...as fast as my breedmate feet will allow. If I hid in Niko's lab, Kellan would never follow...my dad already had his scope trained firmly on Kellan's head.
Day 21
Kellan! I can't believe you just did that! *The snowball had come practically out of nowhere, but that was expected when you were dealing with a breed. I quickly picked up my own mound of snow and lunged to smash the cold slush into Kellan's face, a seemingly futile revenge* WHITEWASH!!!! *giggling, I run...as fast as my breedmate feet will allow. If I hid in Niko's lab, Kellan would never follow...my dad already had his scope trained firmly on Kellan's head.
Kellan Archer
#tb
Day 22
He put on his jacket and slipped on the gloves that Renata had given him for Christmas. He didn't really need them but he liked the feel of the fur on the inside. Mira wanted to go out and play in the snow but Renata and Niko were both on patrol tonight so she had strict orders to stay inside. It was stupid, he thought. She was almost a teenager and the Maine compound was 50 miles from any civilization at all. But she wouldn't break the rules. He chuckled as he remembered their fight over it, he had called her a baby and a goody-two-shoes . She promptly threw her pillow at him and stomped off in a huff.
He headed out the door, closing it tight behind him. He paused, taking a deep breath of the cold air and watching the cloud of air as he exhaled* I love winter. Now, let's see... Should I be boring and make her a snowman? Those Calvin & Hobbs comic books Kade gave me have some great snowman themes in them too! But Rennie might get mad, she is so overprotective of Mira. Maybe not...
He started by the door, shaping a big snowball before putting it down and rolling it around the yard until it was big enough to be the base. He placed it in front of her window with a snicker* This should give her nightmares. Oh well, she said she wanted a snowman. *He quickly created the body and the head, sticking pieces of coal in its head for eyes and putting three on his belly, wondering why they were even necessary. It's not like the snowman had clothes on or anything. He found a short, fat, carrot and stuck it on the face as a nose. Finding some branches, he stuck them into the body and stood back to look.* he needs a mouth...what should I use? *he looked around but couldn't find anything he wanted to use so he just carved out a hole* That'll do.
Kellan Archer
Day 22
He put on his jacket and slipped on the gloves that Renata had given him for Christmas. He didn't really need them but he liked the feel of the fur on the inside. Mira wanted to go out and play in the snow but Renata and Niko were both on patrol tonight so she had strict orders to stay inside. It was stupid, he thought. She was almost a teenager and the Maine compound was 50 miles from any civilization at all. But she wouldn't break the rules. He chuckled as he remembered their fight over it, he had called her a baby and a goody-two-shoes
He headed out the door, closing it tight behind him. He paused, taking a deep breath of the cold air and watching the cloud of air as he exhaled* I love winter. Now, let's see... Should I be boring and make her a snowman? Those Calvin & Hobbs comic books Kade gave me have some great snowman themes in them too! But Rennie might get mad, she is so overprotective of Mira. Maybe not...
He started by the door, shaping a big snowball before putting it down and rolling it around the yard until it was big enough to be the base. He placed it in front of her window with a snicker* This should give her nightmares. Oh well, she said she wanted a snowman. *He quickly created the body and the head, sticking pieces of coal in its head for eyes and putting three on his belly, wondering why they were even necessary. It's not like the snowman had clothes on or anything. He found a short, fat, carrot and stuck it on the face as a nose. Finding some branches, he stuck them into the body and stood back to look.* he needs a mouth...what should I use? *he looked around but couldn't find anything he wanted to use so he just carved out a hole* That'll do.
Kellan Archer
Finishing the one, another idea came to him. Mira loved Luna, Alexandra
's dog. He wanted to make a snow dog for her too. He quickly created
another, bigger, better snowman that was as big as he was. Then he found
an old top hat that Lucan
said he could have and scrounged a long scarf, adding them to the
second snowman before starting on the dog. When he was done he stepped
back to look at his handiwork. The dog had tufts of pine for its ears
and tail, making it looks funny, but the snowman looked awesome. He
wiped his sleeve under his runny nose and headed inside, hoping his
little Mouse liked his gifts.
Mira Nicholas-Archer
#TB
Day 23
*When I asked Niko and Rennie for friends I never expected to have one friend in the compound let alone TWO! As Nathan and Kellan shifted in their seats, surely poised to breedspeed out of the room, I closed Chamber of Secrets and placed it on the table beside me.* The End! *Their sighs of relief made me grin as I picked up Prisoner of Azkaban and cracked open the cover* I can't wait for you to hear this one...it's one of my favorites!
Day 23
*When I asked Niko and Rennie for friends I never expected to have one friend in the compound let alone TWO! As Nathan and Kellan shifted in their seats, surely poised to breedspeed out of the room, I closed Chamber of Secrets and placed it on the table beside me.* The End! *Their sighs of relief made me grin as I picked up Prisoner of Azkaban and cracked open the cover* I can't wait for you to hear this one...it's one of my favorites!
Kellan Archer with Mira Nicholas-Archer.
#tb
Day 24
*There was a lot of commotion. Hunter had returned with the breedmate Corinne. Most surprising, they brought another Breed with them. Corinne's child. He was another one of Drago's hunters. They had no names, weren't allowed to have them. They were bred for a purpose, and named for that purpose so they would never forget their duty. But Corinne had named her son long before he ever took his first breath, and she never gave up hope of finding him. Thanks to Hunter, and some information they had uncovered in New Orleans, they were able to find the kid and free him.
He hung back, watching as the warriors and their breedmates greeted the unlikely trio. The kid was wary, watching everyone as they watched him. Nathans adams apple bobbed as he swallowed, the white ring around his neck where the UV collar that Drago used on his hunters was proof of the nightmare the kid had endured. Well, he could relate. It was because of Drago that his whole family was dead. He wanted revenge. He wanted Drago to pay. Maybe this Kid, Nathan, could help. He would have to think about it.
He watched as Mira pushed her way through the crowd, looking for Hunter. The two of them were close, an odd couple for sure, he thought as he watched the Gen One pick up the little girl and talk with her in low tones. He knew that they were often found together when Hunter wasn't out on patrol but he was unsure of their connection. Why would a killer, a hunter in all ways, care for a little sprite like her? Mouse, that is what everyone called her. It was fitting. She was a tiny little girl and looked even smaller next to Hunter as she tried to talk to Nathan.
Mira Nicholas-Archer
#TB
Day 25
*Dropping the heavy load onto the bed with an exaggerated huff* THIS...is Harry Potter! *I smile at Kellan who looked at me with an annoyed and horrified expression on his face as he glared between me and the pile of books on his bed.* I can't wait to read them to you, I just know you're going to love them just as much as me. *I climb onto the edge of his bed and grab the first book of the series and crack the worn book open.* You gonna sit down, silly? *giggling* You're in for the night!
Day 24
*There was a lot of commotion. Hunter had returned with the breedmate Corinne. Most surprising, they brought another Breed with them. Corinne's child. He was another one of Drago's hunters. They had no names, weren't allowed to have them. They were bred for a purpose, and named for that purpose so they would never forget their duty. But Corinne had named her son long before he ever took his first breath, and she never gave up hope of finding him. Thanks to Hunter, and some information they had uncovered in New Orleans, they were able to find the kid and free him.
He hung back, watching as the warriors and their breedmates greeted the unlikely trio. The kid was wary, watching everyone as they watched him. Nathans adams apple bobbed as he swallowed, the white ring around his neck where the UV collar that Drago used on his hunters was proof of the nightmare the kid had endured. Well, he could relate. It was because of Drago that his whole family was dead. He wanted revenge. He wanted Drago to pay. Maybe this Kid, Nathan, could help. He would have to think about it.
He watched as Mira pushed her way through the crowd, looking for Hunter. The two of them were close, an odd couple for sure, he thought as he watched the Gen One pick up the little girl and talk with her in low tones. He knew that they were often found together when Hunter wasn't out on patrol but he was unsure of their connection. Why would a killer, a hunter in all ways, care for a little sprite like her? Mouse, that is what everyone called her. It was fitting. She was a tiny little girl and looked even smaller next to Hunter as she tried to talk to Nathan.
Mira Nicholas-Archer
#TB
Day 25
*Dropping the heavy load onto the bed with an exaggerated huff* THIS...is Harry Potter! *I smile at Kellan who looked at me with an annoyed and horrified expression on his face as he glared between me and the pile of books on his bed.* I can't wait to read them to you, I just know you're going to love them just as much as me. *I climb onto the edge of his bed and grab the first book of the series and crack the worn book open.* You gonna sit down, silly? *giggling* You're in for the night!
Kellan Archer with Mira Nicholas-Archer.
#tb
Day 26
*He wandered the halls of the compound. He was looking for the suite the commander, Lucan, had assigned for him and his grandfather. He felt queasy and didn't know why. The Order had brought them there the night before. Everyone was gone. His father, killed while sitting defenseless in the back of the Darkhaven agents SUV by a dirty agent. His grandfather, Lazaro, had only survived because of an Order warrior named Hunter. Mira, the daughter of Niko & Renata, followed along behind him, talking away in her endless 8 year old chatter about some stupid book she was reading. Who is Harry Potter, and why would He care? She was going on about muggels and owls and quiddage, whatever that was. Finally he turned to her* Mira, since you're so smart, *he said sarcastically* Why don't you show me where my room is? I want to see grandpa, make sure he is ok. *She giggled annoyingly and turned in the opposite direction. "It's down here, silly! Come on. *He rolled his eyes and followed*
Day 26
*He wandered the halls of the compound. He was looking for the suite the commander, Lucan, had assigned for him and his grandfather. He felt queasy and didn't know why. The Order had brought them there the night before. Everyone was gone. His father, killed while sitting defenseless in the back of the Darkhaven agents SUV by a dirty agent. His grandfather, Lazaro, had only survived because of an Order warrior named Hunter. Mira, the daughter of Niko & Renata, followed along behind him, talking away in her endless 8 year old chatter about some stupid book she was reading. Who is Harry Potter, and why would He care? She was going on about muggels and owls and quiddage, whatever that was. Finally he turned to her* Mira, since you're so smart, *he said sarcastically* Why don't you show me where my room is? I want to see grandpa, make sure he is ok. *She giggled annoyingly and turned in the opposite direction. "It's down here, silly! Come on. *He rolled his eyes and followed*











No comments:
Post a Comment